The Do Good Institute is hiring! Housed in the School of Public Policy at the University of Maryland, the Do Good Institute is a campus-wide hub that provides education, opportunities and resources to develop the next generation of nonprofit leaders, social innovators and civic-minded students.The Institute serves as the catalyst to transform the University of Maryland into the nation’s first Do Good Campus, where students are inspired to take action and spur innovations and solutions that tackle today’s social issues.
The Business Manager provides leadership over the Institute’s financial management and provides high level administrative support to the Institute team. The Business Manager manages all financial transactions; maintains a day-to-day budget and a long-term planning budget; and proactively monitors the status of funding and payments from gifts and grants for the Institute. The Business Manager processes all expenses, transfers and reimbursements, monitoring for deviations from the planned budget and informing relevant staff when deviation occurs. This work directly supports informed decision making for Institute leadership and other DGI team members. The Business Manager also supports operations by managing Institute-wide logistics for office spaces, meetings, and events.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 to 3 years experience in financial and administrative management. An equivalent combination of education and /or experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Flexible individual who is adept at and willing to do high level budget management while also completing transaction level tasks.
- Highly organized, proactive, solution-driven, and customer-service oriented individual
- Experience with UMD financial management systems, processes and policies (including KFS, BA4, Foundation account management, Travel, procurement)
- Experience with higher education financial management
- Experience developing and managing complex budgets
Best Consideration Date
- January, 31, 2018
- The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Apply online here.